ESIA is providing a platform to highlight and promote best practices of innovative ideas. It will provide a pathway to acquire the skills and competences for extraordinary teachers, based on best practices of training activities. ESIA offers the recognition and support to teachers who want to improve their skills.
More specifically, ESIA will offer the following main activities:
- A repository of learning material, educational scenarios, tools, links, etc. stemming from more than 100 EU funded projects in more than 20 years of research, development and innovation of the Research & Development Department of Ellinogermaniki Agogi – the most innovative school in Europe
- Professional development opportunities, such as Summer Schools, workshops, MOOCs, webinars and other forms of (online) training
- Updated information and updates on activities, workshops and events related to school innovation and organized by ESIA and its partners
- Support for preparing applications for professional development and/or development of innovation under the Erasmus+ program (KA1 / KA2)
The activities will focus on three main axes, each of which is further broken down in several thematic areas. The ESIA Axes are:
- Axis 1: School Organization
- Axis 2: Curriculum Development and Organization
- Axis 3: Practical examples and Tools that have been tested
The European School Innovation Academy (ESIA) aims to support and empower school heads and teachers in modernizing school education, acting as information hub to support and promote EU policies in regards to various aspects of teachers’ PD programs, designing, organizing and offering international training activities and providing guidelines, support and qualifications for training providers to design the most effective PD programs for teachers.