Global Hands-on Universe – 2020
22-28 August 2020
In 2020, Global Hands-on Universe Meeting goes online!
The meeting will begin with a 24-hour live webcast with scientists and educators from over the world, followed by 5 days of talks, workshops and round-table discussions. For the first time, in addition to the traditional international Galileo Teacher Training Program, the meeting will count with the Global Science Opera for Schools and the Global Hands on Ocean teams. The meeting will gather scientists, educators and artists in a unique course.
The program will be composed by an online conference and a series of workshops for teachers conducted by the various experts joining the event.
The course is open to teachers of all grade levels and subject domains willing to dive into a real STEAM experience (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths). We believe that learning improves when students are embedded in interdisciplinary experiences and in environments that seamlessly integrate horizontal (across subject domains) and vertical (across different grade levels) articulation.
- Innovative Methodologies for learning STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Inclusive Classrooms
- Starlink Satellites and its impact on ground-based astronomy
- Planetary Defence
- Science and Arts for Development
- Robotic Telescopes and Hands-on Research in Classroom
- Open Schools and Community Building
- Dark Skies and Astronomy Heritage
- Astronomy for Development and Sustainable Development Goals
- Energy and Sustainability
The course will be offered online using videoconference software.
Abstract submission deadline: July 31
Registration deadline: August 10
Third announcement: August 15
The course is free to participate! There are no fees involved.